4.27.2009

FAT: Day 3 - Gutter



For FAT Day Three: Gutter, I was in the gutter. I showed up to the show, my name was on one list as media, but not on the other which gave out the passes, so I got a guest pass instead (which I lost in less than 3 minutes). I went to set up at the end of the runway with my tiny little HD Camcorder and felt a little noob compared to the videographers with huge Cameras. I went to turn on my camera, and it didn't. I must have left it on all day and it ran out of juice. So I missed the first set of shows to charge it :(. I'm so sad I missed filming UND, it was really cool.


Jet Expedition (Jocelyn Teng) was amazing. It involved a sort of tribal, mystical atmosphere. The models hopped down the runway in flowing dress in white and blues, bright red tights, and had horns on their hats.


youth.in.Asia was also very good. The designers,Joshua Shier and Aidan Mayner, used Film reels, VHS tapes, vinyl, feather, and fur. A very eclectic mix of everything.

Kirsty McKenzie was a beautiful show, it took florals to the max, but with a darker edge. There was tons of velvet (pants, bodysuits) in magenta florals, big flowers along the neckline, and all the model had black bobs going (YSL?).

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Followers